Isolation Week Summer 12th July 2021
This work is for the week beginning: Monday 12th July 2021 Please access this when you can as the timetable at home will be different to that at school. There will be a daily zoom session, which will be in the afternoon on Monday, but then each morning. Details for this will be sent in a separate email to both Foundation 1 and Foundation 2 classes.
This is work to cover self-isolation days. Please use the activities throughout the days your child is not at school. Please refer back to the links below as they are still relevant.
These are new links for home learning from January 2021
Here are a number of songs we sing throughout the school day:
Days of the week:
Clean up song:
Hand wash song:
Counting to 20 songs:
Letter sounds and name song:
White Rose Maths Mastery For Early Years
White Rose has a series of videos which will help your child with their mathematical understanding and which will give them a firm base to develop skills in this area, aiding them in their problem solving and reasoning activities.
Speaking and Listening
Talk about, plants, animals the weather, the seasons and changes.
Listen to and say the initial sounds (phonemes) in words, look at Phase 3 phonemes, digraphs.
Sing nursery rhymes.
Say rhyming words in a string.
Read and re-tell favourite stories, talk about characters, settings, and feelings about the book.
(Encourage your child to scrimble, write letters they know and that they can hear in words)
Spell The remember words for Phase 2 ( the, to, I, no, go, into) and Phase 3 (you, they, all, are, my, her, he, she, we, me, be, was)
1. About the weather, signs of spring, summer, plants and animals we see.
2. Write a list of plants. Write a list of aniumals.
3. Draw and label parts of a plant.
4. Instructions on how to take care of a pet.
5. Design and write a card for a special occasion.
6. Write facts about a certain pet.
7. Write a list of rhyming words.
8. Practise writing all of the alphabet with cursive script. Write the capital letters.
9. Repeatedly write both of your names, use a crayon, pen, different colours, crayons, chalk.
Share books including: information books, factual books, stories, rhymes and poems.
Listen for sounds in words: at the beginning, end and in the middle. Blend letters together to say the word.
Re-tell stories and share information from books using bears, puppets, dolls etc.
1. Practise 1:1 counting, with objects 0-10 and beyond.
2. Recognise numbers 0-10 and beyond.
3. Say number names accurately.
4. Knowing all about a specific number. (eg. 2 is 2 objects, 2 dots on a dice, 2 eyes, 2 legs, 2 ears, 2 wheels on a bike, a pair of socks, a 2p piece, a domino with just 2 dots. etc.)
5. Order numbers 0-10, then 10-20
6. Make 10 in different ways. 0 and 10, 1 and 9, 2 and 8, 3 and 7, etc
7.Add and subtract using 2 single digit numbers.
Shape, Space and Measures
1. Use 2D and 3D shapes to make a model.
2. Print a repeating pattern.
3. Order things by length, weight and capacity.
Physical Development and Personal, Social and Emotional Development
1. Cutting skills: Model how to hold and use a pair of scissors. Encourage your child to constantly look at the piece of paper and the scissors, making small snips. Cut up a catalogue, newspaper, magazine etc.
2. Pencil skills: Show your child how to hold a pencil correctly and make circling movements, draw shapes and objects, lie on your tummy and draw on large sheets of paper, (wall paper) (use many different crayons, chalks, paintbrushes, pencils)
3. Talk about sharing and taking turns, play board games, encourage turn taking.
4. Knife and fork skills. Model holding them in each hand and putting food onto the fork, pushing with a knife and cutting with a knife.
5. Practise dressing and undressing. Putting on a coat and taking it off. Model how to fasten and unfasten zips and buttons, taking shoes on and off.
6. Take your child out on a scooter and a bike. Model how to pedal, scoot, balance.
7. Encourage walking, running, hopping, skipping , jumping and climbing in a park or the garden,