The core functions of the governing body include the following:
* Ensuring that the vision, ethos and strategic direction of the school are clearly defined;
* Ensuring that the Headteacher performs his or her responsibilities for the educational performance of the school; and
* Ensuring the sound, proper and effective use of the school's financial resources.
The School Governance Regulations 2013
* Work as a team
* Make decisions that are collective and corporate
* Adopt a code of conduct, ensuring they act with integrity, objectivity and honesty and in the best interests of the school